Chicken Sukka Recipe/Chicken Chukka/Chicken Sukka with coconut
Ingredients for Dry Roast:
Coriander Seeds -1Tbsp
Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
Fennel Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Pepper Corns – 1/2 tsp
Mustard Seeds – 3/4 tsp
Red Chillis -3to4nos.
Ingredients for Saute:
Oil – 1 tsp
Onion – 1 no. chopped
Garlic – 3nos
Ginger – small piece
Turmeric powder 3/4 tsp
Ingredients to Cook the chicken:
Oil – 1-1/2 Tbsp
Few Cardamom Pods,Cinnamon & Cloves
Onions – 2 nos. chopped
Few Curry Leaves
Chicken -500 kg
Fresh Grated Coconut
- Dry-roast coriander seeds, cumin seeds, fennel seeds, whole peppercorns, mustard seeds,
- Dry-roast the red chillies.
- Add oil, onions, ginger, and garlic; fry Fry till ingredients are golden-brown.
- Grind the dry-roasted ingredients first. Add the fried ingredients after. Add turmeric powder, and grind all of it. You can add some water while grinding. Grind to a paste.
- To cook the chicken – add coconut/cooking oil, cardamom pods, Cinnamon & Cloves and onions. Once the onions are transparent, add curry leaves, and the chicken pieces. Mix them together.
- Add the ground paste to the chicken, and mix.
- Add water and continue to mix till the paste has coated all the pieces of chicken.
- Season with salt, pour water, cover the sauce-pan and slow cook the chicken 30-40 minutes. Slow cook till water is completely evaporated.
- Garnish with freshly grated coconut. Gently mix.